Young forward Liam Knight will make his NRL debut for Manly in Monday night's game against Gold Coast.
The 21-year-old was named as No.18 on an extended bench for the Sea Eagles on Tuesday, however coach Trent Barrett confirmed he would face the Titans after the club successfully sought second-tier salary cap dispensation from the NRL.
"We had to apply to the NRL for him to be able to play," Barrett said.
"But given the injuries that we've got - we've lost Nate Myles through injury, losing Dylan Walker - we're a number of players down," Manly coach Trent Barrett said.
Knight's debut represents a significant turnaround for the youngster, who was re-signed by the Sea Eagles until the end of 2017 at the start of the season after two impressive years in the under-20s.
However his future appeared in jeopardy in March after he was stood down for high-range drink driving while on his P-Plates.
In the same incident Knight had been followed by police for about four kilometres after being seen speeding through Frenchs Forest "well above" the 70km/h limit.
Manly coach Barrett is confident he has seen a turnaround in the former NSW under-20s player's attitude at training since the incident.
"They're things that we need to keep working on and we will," Barrett said.
"We certainly know he is a good player but it takes more than that to be a regular first grader and they're things that we'll keep working on him with."
Barrett didn't confirm who would make way for Knight for the clash on the Gold Coast.